In this guide, you will learn how to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask. Also, you will see how to send BNB token to MetaMask from 3rd party wallet via the Binance Chain browser extension wallet.
Binance Smart chain is gaining popularity as an Ethereum alternative mostly because of the cheaper transaction fees. Transactions are significantly cheaper, and the user experience is similar, if not even better. Binance smart chain is a fork of Ethereum blockchain. That means every Dapp that runs on Etereum could run on Binace smart chain, and we can use MetaMask wallet. The blocks of the Binance chain are twice bigger and faster with only 5 second block time. If I have to be honest Binance platform lacking behind in terms of decentralization, then Ethereum, but I don’t think that is what should worry you. There are few steps we need to do before ad the Binance Smart chain to MetaMask Follow this guide on how to install MetaMask if you don’t have the wallet already. We will install Binance smart chain extension wallet and then transfer funds to it from a wallet we got BNB tokens. That will let you use DEXs on Binance such as Pancake swap and interact with decentralized applications on the blockchain. There are quite a few steps to be done, but this is a complete guide from A to Z.
Installing Binance Chain Wallet
1 First, go to https://www.binance.org (I like to clarify that using VPN could be necessary if your country restricts Binance websites) to install a Binance chain wallet. We need this wallet because we could do cross-chain transfers on both Binance blockchains. Also, we can receive and send funds on both Binance chains and Ethereum. Follow the steps in the picture below.
2. Click add to chrome.
3. Confirm adding the extension.
4. Press I don’t own a wallet.
5. Create and confirm the password before continuing.
6. Write down your seed phrase and continue.
7. Confirm the seed phrase and continue.
8. Binance extension wallet is installed.
Sending Funds to Binance Chain Wallet
1. Now, when the wallet is installed, we need to send some funds to it. I will transfer BNB from the crypto.com wallet to send the funds. If you don’t have a BNB token, here is my link for crypto.com, so we both will get a 25 US dollar bonus if you use it. To send tokens, we need to change from Binance smart chain network to Binance Chain Network.
2. After changing the networks, click receive, as the picture below shows.
3. Next, click the QR code.
4. Scan the QR code with your smartphone.
Now we got a BNB token in the wallet, and we need to proceed with MetaMask set up.
How to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask?
We need to do the next step before exploring DEXs like Pancake swap and Yield farming on Binance to set MetaMask. The process is easy, and we need to follow the steps below.
Network Name: Binance Smart Chain
New RPC URL: https://bsc.dataseed3.defibit.io/ or https://bsc-dataseed2.binance.org/ (Check which one is work for you)
Chain ID: 56
Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com/
1. Step one, open MetaMask, and follow the picture below.
2. Copy and paste main-net details as it is shown in the picture below. Click save when finish.
Binance smart chain network is installed in MetaMask. The last thing we need to do before we finish is to send the funds from our Binance chain extension wallet to MetaMask. Let’s begin!
Send the funds from the Binance chain extension wallet to MetaMask
1. First thing to do here is to open MetaMask. Make sure that you are on Binance Smart Chain as is showed in the picture, and after that, copy the address. The wallet will show the Ehereum logo, which is fine and is no cause for concern.
2. Next step is to go to the Binance extension wallet, and press send. The next window will look like the one below. Paste the address you copied in the address field, enter the amount you wish to send, and click send.
3. Confirm the transaction by clicking send.
4. The transaction will appear in MetaMask.
Now everything is ready, and you can use MetaMask wallet to trade on Panckake swap and explore Binance Smart Chain DApps.