In this guide, you will learn how to add the Avalanche network to MetaMask. Also, I will walk through how to send AVAX coins to MetaMask from Binance via the Avalanche wallet. Avalanche blockchain is gaining popularity as an Ethereum alternative primarily because of the cheaper transaction fees. Avalanche is an open-source platform allowing the building of decentralized applications. On their website, they claim to be faster, cheaper, and more secure blockchain than Ethereum. Transactions time is 3 seconds, and the throughput is 4500 TPS (transactions per second). That is why the user experience is similar, if not even better. To be able to follow this guide, you need to have a MetaMask wallet installed. Follow this guide on how to install MetaMask if you don’t have the wallet already. There are quite a few steps to be done, but this is a complete guide from A to Z.
Setting up Avalanche network on MetaMask
1. First, click the circle on the top right and then select custom RPC.
2. Copy and paste main-net details as it is shown in the picture below. Click save when finishing.
Network Name: Avalanche Network
New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
Chain ID: 0xa86a
Creating Avalanche wallet
We need to create an Avalanche wallet that we could use as a bridge between Binance and Metamask.
1. Now we need to install Avalanche wallet https://wallet.avax.network/. Click create a new wallet.
2. Click generate key phrase.
3. Write down your key phrase and continue.
4. Enter the missing words and verify.
5.Press access wallet.
6. Export the private key because you may need to restore the wallet with the key store file during the process.
7. Copy X chain.
8. Now, when we have the Avalanche wallet ready, we need to fund it with some AVAX coin. The best way to do so is to buy it from an exchange like Binance. So go to Binance.com, select markets, and select AVAX with the coin you want to buy ( BNB, BTC, or USDT).
9. Open your wallet in Binance exchange, select Avalange coin (AVAX), and click withdraw.
10. Follow the steps below. One step one pastes the address you copied from step 8.
After few minutes, the transaction will appear in your Avalanche wallet.
Sending AVAX from Avalanche wallet to MetaMask
Now we will send AVAX from the Avalanche wallet to MetaMask.
1. We need to transfer the coins between the chains, so follow the steps below.
2. Now go to MetaMask and copy the address. Make sure that you are on the Avalanche network.
3. Click send, then choose C chain, enter the amount, paste the address you copied from MetaMask and confirm.
After a minute, your transaction will appear on your Metamask wallet.
Congrats, now you know how to Add Avalanche Network to MetaMask and send coins to it via Avalanche wallet.